Thursday, January 22, 2009

FLOWER STORY II (Repost from Friendster)

I do not know how to grow flowers though. Rockstar is not the type of person who would give flowers once in a while, so he gave me a flowering plant instead, for practical reasons. When he gave me the plant, it had three flowers. I kept the plant inside the faculty room, placed it in an area where sunlight can get through. I took care of it or I thought so. But there was a time when classes were suspended for about 2 days due to heavy rains. I left the plant in the room. When I came back, the flowers were in a really bad shape. Eventually, they died.

At that time, I had this association thing going through my head. Sometimes that habit of mine does me good, sometimes it gets me paranoid. I do not know if I have one sick brain or is it just normal enough. Tell me. The death of the flowers could have had meaning. Maybe it meant that my relationship with the person who gave me the plant would not last long, just like the flowers which died in less than a month! Maybe it meant that I do not know how to take care of important things and worse, important persons in my life, that’s why they die away from me. I pondered over it for quite a long time. I told him about it and he laughed at the idea. He simply told me that I have no talent when it comes to growing plants but teased me from time to time that I do not really take care of it. So I just got over my association thing.

For about one year, it did not bear flowers though it was supposed to survive during a certain season annually. But this summer, it did! Though it only had one flower, I was delighted enough. There is hope after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment