Thursday, January 22, 2009

WHEN LOVE BEGINS (Repost from Friendster)

Nanuod kami ni GF kahapon ng When Love Begins (the Aga-Anne movie) …yes, during the first play date! I was surprised to find a long line of moviegoers waiting for the current watchers to come out. I actually wanted to take their pictures, too bad hindi ko dala ang camera ko. Excited kasi si GF to see the film and her excitement excited me as well! Hindi kaya ni Rockstar ang mga ganitong movie that’s why he watched Iron Man instead.

Two nights ago, a friend sent this message: "Relationship without commitment and very little expectation is the healthiest way to enjoy life." Theoretically, this is true. But more often than not, human relationships come about with several strings attached. Whether the strings are connected in a simple linear fashion or in a complex web-like manner, they prove to be essential in maintaining the relationship. I guess this is one point emphasized by the film. One thing I liked about the story line is the idea of subtle role reversal. By role reversal I meant that the guy and girl in the story were not the typical types we find in real life relationships. I do not know if such characters really exist, maybe they do. Why? Guy sends messages 15 times a day. Girl: no response. Guy excitedly introduces girl to his family. Girl: excited to meet guy’s family but finds no reason to introduce guy to her family. Things like that. Well that’s all I have to say about the movie.

GF and I had our own addictions. GF wanted to go to the location where the film was shot: Boracay. I got addicted to its soundtrack: One Hello. GF searched for Boracay tour packages. I searched for the song’s lyrics. I hate to be mushy but the song just can’t get out of my head. After downloading the lyrics, I started memorizing it. If I don’t belt out the lyrics, I whistle the tune. Jologs na ba? Hahaha. But there is just something about the lyrics that applies to me right now and to a few people I know. "Love begins with one hello." Of course, the love implied here refers to something romantic. But just like what I said in my old entry, “Love means more than having a girlfriend, a boyfriend, a wife or a husband. Though it is undeniably difficult to understand, it has a whole lot of different forms for each one of us that we can totally enjoy.” To add, love does not equate to romance all the time. So there. Here goes the lyrics:

If you’re not afraid Of what love brings Then endings are beginning Of beautiful things
It’s a chance you take A chance you’re in If someone’s gonna find you
First you gotta let them in…Coz love begins with one hello. The hardest part is over
So it’s easy letting go One hello, is how it starts You might win in love While lose your heart.
If you’re not afraid Of what you feel Then try and keep it simple But try and keep it real
And if being real Means you’re someday say goodbye Remember my friend, that was not the end
It’s a circle you know And it’s starts with one hello

People come and go. You meet them at a certain point in your life. You could have exchanged numbers, email addresses and what have you. You have communication for some time, then lose it intentionally or unknowingly as time passed. Then you meet again and the cycle starts over. The “start” of the cycle is always exciting for sure. Surreal but nice is the best way to describe it. The middle part of the cycle depends on how you deal with each other. Depending on the circumstances, you may fast-forward it towards the ending, or go on slow motion to cherish the moments. I don’t know which one you prefer. Either way, it’s a cycle. But if you wanted to end the cycle, that’s another story.

It would be sad to see people, friends at that to go out of your life. For me, I may not force them to stay, but surely I would have reasons for them not to go away.

No comments:

Post a Comment