Saturday, July 30, 2005

TICTAC

How can you miss someone you don’t even know?

I am one person who can’t remember lines or dialogues verbatim from books I’ve read…no matter how quotable they are. Surprisingly, I remembered one statement (which I typed in red) from the book Suddenly Mommy (highly recommended by Larisa). Is it really possible to miss someone you don’t even know? I don’t think so. But the funny thing is, it has sort of happened to me. Maybe that’s the reason why I remebered that line.

Well, I actually know the person and that person knows me too…but we never know each other that much. We have never been together for a long time. We have never really talked about each other’s lives. There was only one short event where we had been together. All I know are that person’s nickname and boarding house location. In short, we are not really close to miss each other or long for one’s presence.

Then one day, we met and exchanged some greetings. And that person told me…"Uy Kewek, namiss kita." I stood there, thinking of what to say. Honestly, I was surprised to hear that. And so I changed the topic.

As I was going to my room, I felt guilty that I diverted the topic since I could not respond to what that person said. But I thanked God for that person. Then it dawned on me that there are people whom I can depend on. Though I don’t see them often, they have an ounce of appreciation for my existence. And now I have a goal… I should see that person more often…get to know that person better…for she is one person I realized I can really treasure as a friend. She has touched me in some ways.

Well, it’s possible to miss someone you don’t really know…I mean know that much, after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment