Monday, July 11, 2005

ALL BY MYSELF...NOT FOR LONG I HOPE

I was such a pitiful sight five hours ago. I watched a very wonderful play at CCP…the pathetic thing was…I WAS ALONE. Oh yes…I laughed alone…I commented to myself. Of course, there were other people there, laughing and commenting…with their companions. I had no time to invite my friends…or never opted to invite them because I thought that I will be watching with my relatives…since one of the performers is a relative of ours. But no, not even one of them came with me. And I had no time to invite others. Well anyway, I enjoyed the show. I loved the environment, I mean the world of theater. If I had the guts, I would have been a theater artist, actor or production designer. I even got to sit at the back of an actor…not really famous, but familiar. Anyway, my point is, I was alone…but I had a happy moment.

It always happen that way. I go to places alone…engage myself in activities where I don’t know anyone, but end up happy. I get to meet new faces…I get to experience new things. It’s not that I am a loner or I never invite anyone, friends or family members to those events. It’s just that most of the people I invite are not available. Wow ha. It’s just sad that they miss some things which I think they would have enjoyed.

So I guess I am quite contented, doing things all by myself at this moment. When we cannot find contentment in ourselves, it is useless to seek it elsewhere. Sometimes, we need to be happy on our own before some other person or some other things can complete us.

I hope that in all upcoming events, there will be people that I can drag along with me…hay I really hope. Happy naman mag-isa, pero mas masaya pag maraming kasama. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment