Saturday, July 9, 2005

SUNDAY MORNING

I woke up one Sunday morning with this message flashed before my eyes: Letting a person hurt you, and hoping they will change, is like hanging a sign on your doorstep, "All rodents keep out." and expecting they would understand. GODBLESS YOUR SUNDAY! :-) The message was from a long-time textmate. But he is no ordinary textmate. His messages never fail to make me think and pause for a moment for some reflection. His messages range from the profound to the mundane, but they never fail to leave an impact on you.

Anyway, and so I have read the message… quite true. You can never really change a person. I had this kind of inkling before…trying to change a person to make him/her better and then I realized, what made me think that this person is really of no good and who am I to change him/her. I felt sorry for myself. If you want to start a good relationship with someone else (by relationship, I just don’t mean a romantic relationship…i mean something that goes beyond that…long-lasting friendship), changing that person should be out of your agenda. That’s one of the important things I learned months ago. And so I let things be. I’ve learned to get along with that person. I remember, there was one Friendster survey I answered last year…one of the questions was "what do you intend to do days from now?" or something like that, and my answer was to befriend that person, because I never thought I could be friends with that person…our brainwaves were of different wavelengths. With that end in mind (the change that person idea), I really had a hard time getting to know that person, because I had already judged that person based on my initial impression. But when I junked that idea, everything seemed to fall into place. I had become friends with that person, and that provided such contentment. If a person wishes to change, I guess he/she will have the initiative. If there is really growth in your relationship, then both of you will have the initiative to change for the better and the best thing is that you learn from one another.

Hala…bakit ganito ang mode ko…advisory column ba ako…hehehe..Kadiri.

La lang…just some thoughts…on a Sunday morning. Hay sakit sa ulo.

No comments:

Post a Comment