Saturday, December 10, 2005

NEW YEAR, NEW LIFE

Christmas is fast approaching yet it’s hard to feel the hustle and bustle of the season. I do celebrate Christmas. I always look forward to Christmas day. When September comes, I really feel that Christmas is near. When I was a kid, I used to have a self-made bankbook, copied from a real bankbook with the help from my father who works in a bank. The contents of the bankbook were typewritten on white sheets of paper which were folded and stapled; completed with my signature and stamp upon deposit or withdrawal. Come December, I usually go bankrupt because I withdraw my savings and buy gifts for people. I also give a gift to myself… I buy the gift, wrap it and provide a card "TO: Kathy, FROM: KatKat" Heheehe…the joys of my childhood. Insane? I don’t care…I still get excited when I open my own gift.

But lately, I am bugged by the fact that I haven’t started buying gifts. Could it be that I have lost my interest in celebrating Christmas? I really hope not. I guess Christmas this time goes beyond buying material stuff for people. It’s not being kuripot. I’d like to give people something different this time. And I’d give myself something different too.

I’d still have to think of what to give to people dear to me. As for me, I wanted to have a new life…yess…as if. I wanted to take care of myself this time… Hehe..simple lang naman. Gaya nang…dapat ay maka-inom ako ng at least 8 baso ng tubig sa isang araw. Hehee…I should have realized and started that years ago. It’s difficult to renew your lifestyle drastically…so I’ll be taking baby steps. My sort of new year’s resolution seems easy but I have yet to prove that.

I wish everyone a merry celebration…whatever you are celebrating for.

No comments:

Post a Comment