Saturday, May 21, 2005

TIRED BUT TRIUMPHANT

This is one of the most fulfilling days of my life. With the help of generous friends and family members, I get to take part in shaping the life of a child. I went alone and met new friends. The people there, though tired were passionate with their volunteer work. Just when you’ve thought how dedicated you are to this kind of work, a new friend talks to you about the volunteer work as her gift to herself on her birthday. Talk about noble intentions. Another humbling experience.

I’ve also met someone who told me something that made me realize what I wanted to pursue. It was probably the information I was waiting for. Thanks to him.

And so I walk the walk and ended up slightly wet from the rain. The memorial park provided the perfect scene for the perfect moment. The moment of reflection…about one’s life and how to live it…walking…journeying…making the most out of it…before one gets six feet below the ground.

Soon I’d be dead. It is good that I am starting to see what I really wanted to do…I start to see what really makes me happy…and I will work hard to make those things happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment